Saturday 9 February 2013

SHE'S A MOD

Absolutely loving my new retro chair purchase - from Retropolitan here in Christchurch. Upon seeing these, I immediately got thrown into a sensation of being in the airport cafeteria in the 1970s in Dunedin.
Admittedly, it was love at first sight!

The wagon wheel table? That's another story:

When I moved in with my partner, this table was here. The dark glass top is currently in storage was we have an empty house due to it all being in storage (we are receiving EQC repairs as of next week - after the earthquakes of Sept 2010 and Feb 2011.

This wheel is American - and we have no idea how it came to NZ, but my partner's mother and father found it on a drive. It was abandoned, so they rolled it to their car/truck and had it made into a table.

It's divine - reminds me of the old Cobb & Co. restaurant days of my childhood, where I was known to always order Pate and Fish 'n Chips.

1 comment:

  1. ah the Cobb n Co memories - I used to love the yellow submarine drink and the pink panther! Looking forward to meeting you in April :o) at Around the Table (not the wagon wheel one though!)

    ReplyDelete