Tuesday 25 June 2013

What's good for your soul...

Sometimes, at this time of year, I feel kind of "ah ah" - kinda blue, flat, unmotivated. I call them "ah ah" days cause its hard to explain that deep dark feeling that makes you feel like sitting in the fetal position in a cosy dark corner of the house for the entire day.
But, it's not healthy. Winter can make the best of us feel glum.
Like JK said: I know I need to do physical activity at least 3 or 4 times a week to feel ok. 
It's true. I'm the same, but as the days get shorter and colder, we neglect our bodies and our souls.


That's why I really like this picture: 

Each day I make sure I "check in" with myself. Checking that I feel ok in my head and my body. Just think of it as maintenance. 
Ask yourself: what do I need to do today to make myself feel good?

Today I went to the local pool as I do about 3 days per week, and aqua jogged for 45 mins. 
It makes you feel refreshed and knackered, but that good "I've done a hard day of slog" kind of tired.

Make sure you ask yourself first thing tomorrow: "what do I need to do"?

Leave those blues behind and get cracking. Winter is short, and so is life.




No comments:

Post a Comment