Monday 9 September 2013

Fortune cookie pendant anyone?


I love to craft then to sell my wares.
In fact, there's nothing that tickles my fancy more!

Last week I crafted away madly in my glass-box studio which faces the garden while also watching the odd blackbird pecking away for little worms.
I felt uplifted: the sun streamed in all thanks to the stream of light coming through from where the old "nothing" tree was chopped down a few weeks ago.
I felt very much inspired.
I'd been thinking of something uber interesting and very much "odd" to craft: biscuits out of clay came to mind - and not just any biscuit - fortune cookies!
So off I trotted to my local crafters shop and bought some $4 polymer clay.

After rolling each portion of clay with an old 1970s milk bottle (just as my nanny & mum used to do to crush biscuits in order to make fudge with a super-wine biscuit base), I created a circular shape.
Folding side-to-side loosely, I came up with a very realistic looking fortune cookie!

Once cooked, I rubbed each one with a muddy-coloured concoction of acrylic paint (for the just-cooked effect) then clear-coated them.

Now it was time for the fortune.

How darn cute do they look?


And here they are on my stall at the Encraftment Market. More than half sold too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment