Saturday 10 August 2013

Re:kindle my craftiness please..


I met an old friend for coffee today - but I was a tad early.
Non-accidentally mind you -  I headed to New Regent St 45 mins ahead of our 2pm meeting time as I had cabin fever and "crafters block".


This Street is so cute and has survived some 17,000 or more shakes over the past few years. 
I had seen a fab store from the window a few months back and have always wanted to enter inside: Re:kindle is just yummy in every sense of the word: smells great (like the woody oiliness that comes from crafted and re-loved timber), has fabulous ethos behind its brand and sits so damn well in this little Spanish-styled nook.




So today I entered inside: the lovely spacial designer Tessa Peach greeted me from behind a trestle table made lovingly out of salvaged timbers: some slats painted, some chipped, while others show off all their vintage woody grain.


From the window I spotted some lovely designer pieces: geometrically designed bracelets, stylish card wallets, ethical toys and beautiful necklaces. I can tell you, the smell doubled my love for these keep-sakes.

          



Just look at this estate of wooden houses! I want to live here.



Next door to Re:kindle, and sharing the same slice of block, is a wee simple looking cafe. 
I met my friend here: we shared a gluten free citrus slice over our coffees.
The best thing about this cafe, is the furniture: all designed and crafted by the clever folk next door!
Edgy, upbeat and European with an utterly Melbourne style to it, this place is a great place to stomp out any cabin fevers or "crafty blocks".


The little wooden houses sit just above the eye - lining the parameter of the cafe space.


Citrus slice and a cup of coffee Supreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment