Monday 5 August 2013

Black themed buntings and the colour yellow

For a designer who wears black (or shades of it) most days, I haven't really considered making jewellery with black in it.

But, over the weekend I decided to do just that.

I wasn't sure how these bunting necklaces would turn out, but they have proven to be rather popular when posted on my Facebook page.

What works I think, is that I have paired the black up with white and yellow. That yummy yellow that you see in a perfectly ripened banana, or lemon.

So, here is one - sold already - but I can do this many times over. (initially this one was for me, but it has been snapped up by a new owner overnight and is being shipped to Dunedin tomorrow.

Now, working with this hue of yellow makes me well and truly happy: that kind of happy you get when you first eat a citrusy slice of cake, or you get your very first bike as a child.
Or, you finally find the perfect Orla Kiely notebook to write bits of stuff in for no reason whatsoever.

I love yellow!



In our jammed packed shed at the side of our house, there are two Bentwood chairs.

The colour yellow has given me an idea for them: not a new idea, but one that I know will work well in our 70s home.

This is the style - and this is exactly what they will look like when they are all painted up in that yummy corn yellow - and how fabulous do they look all grouped together at a table? Love.


My next mission (after creating a few more buntings today) is to lean into the very dusty back wall of the shed and dig these gems out. Bentwood made some fabulous chairs, and this model (No. 14) is such a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment