Friday 26 July 2013

HARVEST while the sun shines..

When I was in my 20s (and trust me, most days that feels like many moons ago), I dabbled in many things, including painting fabric.

I would use regular acrylic paints, but added a fantastic fabric fixative in the mix, with 1 part fixative to 2 parts paint.

I remember making a voile curtain for the bathroom - it was white with lime green roughly painted large stripes. It looked magnificent.

When my house at the time appeared in NZ House & Garden magazine, the bathroom stood out: Lime green walls, white tongue and groove paneling, retro black and white checkered lino - and my handmade curtains.

For the past 12 months or so, I have caught glimpses of the work of Harvest Textiles in magazines, and also in a fabulous local store, The Flock.

I bought this bag recently from my local design store, and I love it! (excuse my evil expression, I hate doing selfies!)

 Just look at their work!:









So, I am passionate about heading back and designing some more fabrics to make some bags, purses and cushions after lapping all this up...

These are my hand-painted jewellery pouches for my tangy fruity and geo pop ranges.... (don't laugh - it's my first attempt in many years!)




 So watch this space my lovelies! xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment