Wednesday 10 July 2013

Milk bottles on the table:

I remember when I was a youngster, a number of folk used to think it was ill-mannered to put an ordinary glass milk bottle on the table. That a jug was the right way to entertain.
Well, maybe. But milk is milk.

I have a large stash of milk bottles: some from the 70s even, along with some quaint little quarter pint bottles normally used for cream.
You can buy similar bottles in stores, brand spanking new. They are plain and often have no writing like a true milk or cream bottle. 
But spruced up with a little washi or fabric tape - they can look really cool.

I am having 6 people for dinner tonight. Our table is a little small to seat 6, so I thought I'd just lay it all out and make it look cute - and people can help themselves and sit where they want.

I spruced up 3 of my new bottles with chevron washi tape, and placed in them, spoons, knives and forks. What do you think?

Not bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment