Friday 5 July 2013

Wild about Writing Nooks...

There is one area in a room that I always look out for: A writing nook.

Not a reading nook, but a writing nook.

Remember Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City?

Her room always had that desk right under that New York window with views of passers by and yellow cabs.

That's the sort of writing nook I am talking about.

My partner Jean-luc had his mates around for a meeting the other night. We have one main room that is rather large. In this room, we have a TV corner, a dining corner, and in a wee corner near the back of the house, I have a writing nook.

Okay, it's not the ideal work spot, but I have jazzed it up a little (not to the top notch quality that I am planning though) and it suits me just fine.

Now, as these burly fellas went about their chat about cars and strops and big "bad boy" tyres, I escaped into bed and watched the "Sex and the City" movie (the first one) on my iPad.

I tend to watch it at least twice a year, and each time I watch it, I see something different - something a little bit quirkier, more stylish than before.

But each time I watch it... I see it. That writing nook. The nook with the big bad ass views of the Big Apple.

So this is Carrie's apartment as we have known it to look over the years. It looks quite masculine and warm. But still, there's that desk!A few too many shades of brown for my liking, but the mid-century styles are still pretty darn sexy!

And here she is - sitting at her new "professional" writer's desk. As seen in the movie.
Loving that blue and white decor. 
Something about this setup reminds me of the 60s: Where "That Girl" meets "Bewitched" - and I guess that's what I really love about it.
It's hot, and timeless and it proves how you can simply change a room by it's colour. Add that colour with neutrals (more likely White!) and there you have it. 


 So that got me all interested in desks. Google - writers desk in window. Oh, no - bad move!


How gorgeous is that view. That desk. That everything!!?

Back to trying to work out what my space ought to look like - probably moving my table to under a window is on the agenda for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment